So I'm sick. Could be some flavor of the flu, but that's unconfirmed.
In the meantime I'm spoiling myself with pea soup and mac'n'cheese, but I'm also considering my health. Aside from drinking far to much pedialyte (so much better than gatorade for dehydration! Mix unflavored pedialyte + italian soda syrup -- I like cherry -- for a much more effective electrolyte beverage) I'm also taking my mother up on her advice that I eat some ginger.... So here's something pungent to kick my cold.
Ginger Lime Concentrate
Two or three pieces of medium sized ginger, peeled.
Juice from 3 large, juicy lime (about 3/4-1 cup of juice)
1/4 cup water
1. In a food processor, process all the ingredeints for about five minutes. Stop frequently to scrape down the blade.
2. Strain the mixture into a bowl and discard the remainig pulp.
3. Store in the fridge for up to a few days (hopefully your cold willl subside by then!).
Ginger Lime "Tea"
8 oz boiling water
Honey (to taste)
Cayenne Pepper (optional)
1-2 tablsepoons Ginger Lime Concentrate (to taste)
1. Mix all the ingredients together. Sip and enjoy.
Ginger Lime Italian Soda
1-1.5 cups Chilled carbonated water (or soda water + ice). I use pellegrino.
2-4 tablespoons Ginger Lime Concentrate (to taste)
Sugar, simple syrup, honey, or agave nectar (to taste)
1. Mix all ingredients, add sweetener to taste, enjoy.